Congratulations on the purchase of your new Electrolux Central Vacuum. You have taken the first steps towards a cleaner home and a convenient cleaning routine. You'll want to take a few easy steps to ensure that your central vacuum cleaner is kept at it's optimal performance level.
Each Electrolux central vacuum unit comes with a lifetime warranty, your unit will last you a lifetime and provide ideal service if you follow these few simple guidelines:
-First of all, your motor bearings are permanently sealed and lubricated. This means that your unit will never require lubrication. Be sure to keep these bearings sealed.
-The Motor brushes on your unit should be checked by an authorized Electrolux dealer after every 500 hours of use.
-To clean the outside of your power unit, use a cleab soft cloth. DO NOT: use liquid cleaners or water, an electrical shock may occur.
-Tampering with your power unit or placing anything on top of the power unit can result in the restriction of cooling air to the motor. This will cause the motor to overheat.
-Do not attempt to pick up anything that will not go through the cleaning tool or the hose end or use your central vacuum system to pick up debris from construction.
-Do not attach any other cords to the system's electrical power source. Be sure that a properly-sized, protected circuit is used for your unit's electrical requirements. Your authorized Electrolux dealer can help you with sizing.
-After removing the hose from the inlet, hold the inlet door open for a few seconds to help clear dirt from the vacuum tubing and make sure that the power unit has been shut off.
-To ensure the maximum suction power and proper cleaning, use only one inlet at a time.
-If service is required, make sure that it is only performed by an authorized Electrolux Dealer.
The Filter in your Electrolux Central Vacuum unit is permanent and self-cleaning. However, if you do decide to clean it, follow these five easy steps:
1. Remove the dirt receptacle
2. Wrap a large plastic trash bag around the lower portion of the power unit, holding it firmly in place.
3. Grasp the sewn-in weight at the bottom of the filter through the bag; Shake vigorously; Dirt will drop into the bag.
4. Carefully remove the plastic bag from the unit. Then empty the dirt receptacle into the bag, as well.
5. Replace the dirt receptavle on the power unit. Remeber, any dirt that spilled can be easily vacuumed by attaching the hose to the utility inlet and activating the power unit with the manual switch.
Once again, congratulations on the purchase of your new central vacuum cleaner. Making sure to follow all of these simple steps will ensure that your central vacuum remains at it's peak performance!